Here's a strategy that is almost certainly going to create a more positive vibe in your romantic relationship...
1. Take a minute right now and think of 3 positive aspects of your partner’s personality.
2. Next, write down a short story of a time your partner demonstrated each of those 3 characteristics.
3. Tell your partner one of those stories, everyday for the next 3 days.
The idea is that if you acknowledge the positive characteristics of your partner, you are helping to create a positive culture of appreciation in your relationship. This is extremely important to the health of relationships.
3 positive characteristics: Creative, Reliable, Funny
Tell your partner a story about them being...
1. Creative: “I was so impressed by the creative ideas you had about how to decorate our living room.”
2. Reliable: “I really appreciated you picking me up last week when I got a flat tire. It means so much to me that I know I can always count on you.”
3. Funny: “Last week you told the funniest story about your camping trip to Utah. Everyone was laughing and seemed to really enjoy hearing about it. You always make me laugh.”
It’s good for you to think positively about your partner and it’s good for your partner to hear good things about themselves. That's why this is a good exercise for you and your partner, because it’s easy to forget the positive qualities of your partner, especially if there's been a lot of conflict or stress lately. Take this as an opportunity to reflect on why you fell in love with them, what you admire about them, what they bring to the relationship, what they’re good at, and what you appreciate about them!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
Please enter your name and email address below. Thank you!